This election, Wisconsinites voted in record numbers. Local election officials counted and verified every vote, and the results were validated by independent election experts. The voters decided and now, the election is over.
But some State Legislators are making baseless claims about the election and are refusing to lead during this pandemic. Tomorrow, Friday December 11, the Senate and Assembly will hold a Joint Committee on Campaigns and Elections hearing to review the 2020 general election. Please tell WI legislators to stop undermining public confidence in the integrity of our elections and instead get back to work and pass meaningful legislation to address COVID-19.
The hearing will take place between 10:00am and 6:00pm. It will be live-streamed on WisconsinEye.
Only invited speakers will be heard, so the only way to share your views will be through direct contact with members of the committee. Please watch as much of the hearing as you are able, and during the hearing, reach out to members of the Senate and Assembly Committees through text messages, twitter, email, or phone calls, to let them know you want them to stop focusing on false allegations about the integrity of our elections and focus instead on addressing the pandemic and the economic fallout. Your voice is important! Please take action using the talking points below:
This was a free and fair election
- Many Wisconsinites went to great effort to vote safely in this pandemic. Their votes should not be discarded or dismissed because of baseless allegations of systematic and widespread fraud.
- The will of the people should prevail; efforts to overturn the will of the people are undemocratic and should stop.
- In this election, we had candidates from both parties win hard fought races up and down the ballot, including some of the lawmakers on this committee. We owe the candidates and the voters to stay focused on getting the job done.
- You have an obligation to the people of Wisconsin to devote your energy and resources toward upholding the will of the voters.
- We need you to get back to work to stop the spread of COVID-19 and help Wisconsinites who are struggling during the pandemic to keep food on their tables and a roof over their heads.
If you are reaching out on Twitter or Facebook, please tag the legislators using these twitter handles:
Members - Senate Committee on Elections, Ethics and Rural Issues
Senator Bernier (Chair, R): @kmbernier1
Senator Darling (Vice-Chair, R): @SenDarling
Senator Stroebel (R): @SenStroebel
Senator Miller (D): @WISenatorMiller
Senator Smith (D): @sensmithwi
Members - Assembly Committee on Campaigns and Elections
Representative Tusler (Chair, R)): @Ron_Tusler
Representative Sanfelippo (Vice-Chair, R): @RepSanfelippo
Representative Brandtjen (R):@RepJanel
Representative Macco (R): @RepMacco
Representative Sortwell (R): @shaesortwell,
Representative Murphy (R): https://www.facebook.com/RepDaveMurphy (couldn't find Twitter)
Representative Zamarripa (D): @repjocasta
Representative Subeck (D): @LisaSubeck
Representative Spreitzer (D): @RepSpreitzer
Click on the names below to get to the legislators’ pages for phone numbers and email addresses.
Members - Senate Committee on Elections, Ethics and Rural IssuesSenator Bernier (Chair)
Senator Darling (Vice-Chair)
Members - Assembly Committee on Campaigns and ElectionsRepresentative Tusler (Chair)
Representative Sanfelippo (Vice-Chair)